All about the Cuisinart Egg Cooker CEC-10
If you eat eggs on a regular basis, this high quality egg cooker is for you.
The Cuisinart CEC-10 Egg Cooker isn’t a novelty item, it’s a superior kitchen appliance that will give you years of egg cooking in your future.
This egg cooker has a maximum capacity of 10 eggs, which is great if you are cooking for a large family, or if you’re Arnold Schwarzenegger and need a lot of protein.
- Capacity for 10 Boiled Eggs
- 6.3 x 7.3 x 7.8 inches
- Weighs 1.65 lbs
- LED indicator light
- Audible alert
- Measuring cup
- 600 watts
- Easy to use.
- Large 10-egg capacity
- Loud Buzzer
- Manually have to turn off loud buzzer
Features and Design
- Cooks 10 eggs – Cooks 10 eggs in shells to a hard, medium or soft consistency with the 600-watt heater.
- Poaching Tray – Poaching tray with 4-egg capacity and omelet tray with 3-egg capacity.
- Measuring Cup – Cooker includes a 180 ml measuring cup with piercing pin.
- Cord Storage – Built-in cord storage allows for easy cleanup.
- Easy to clean – The base is constructed from stainless steel so is easy to clean after use, try to use distilled water when cleaning the base.
A standout feature of this cooker is how it makes use of its innovative two-tiered cooking system to cook ten eggs at the same time. SAVING you precious time.
Like similar kitchen appliances a user will be able to cook eggs to a hard, medium or soft consistency. The Cuisinart Egg Cooker is supplied with removable trays that have been designed to poach eggs and make omelettes. The Cooking cycle time is controlled precisely by the level of water added to the unit.
Using the supplied measuring beaker you can fill the cooker to the appropriate level and the pour water into cooking plate. To guard against overcooking the Cuisinart egg central cec-10 has a built-in LED light, audible alert, and standby mode.
Cuisinart Egg Cooker Instructions
When you open the box you should have the cooker base, an egg tray, omelette tray, measuring cup, poaching tray and a lid. The measuring cup comes with markings on the side related to they type of eggs your cooking from soft boiled to omelettes. Make sure you don’t lose the measuring cup. On the base of the up is a small piercing.
- Plug the power cord into a power point.
- Using the measuring cup fill the base with the required amount of water to cook the eggs you would like.
- Place the egg cooking tray onto the base.
- Now its time to get the eggs ready. Using the piercing tip on the base of the measuring cup pierce the eggs on the narrowest side.
- Place the eggs into the holders on the tray, ensuring the pierced side of the eggs are facing upwards. The tray can hold seven eggs. If you want to cook 10 eggs, at this point you will have to use the second egg base picture below, it will sit on top of the first seven eggs.
- Place the lid onto the cooker.
- On the front of the cooker you will find an on/off switch. Turn the cooker on and when you hear the buzzer the eggs will be cooked.
When poaching eggs ensure you use some non stick oil before loading the eggs into the tray to ensure they come out easier at the end of the cooking cycle. When poaching or cooking omelettes the individual trays will sit on top the egg cooking tray that can hold seven eggs.
The Cuisinart CEC-10 Egg Cooker is a super compact kitchen appliance! It is easy clean up and simple to use. Also it is nice to be able to cook ten eggs at a time. Make all of the eggs needed at one time and in a fraction of the time it takes to boil them.
- Easy to use.
- Has a large 10-egg capacity, perfect for a large family.
- The buzzer is loud so you can get on with other work.
- Compact so it won’t take up a lot of cupboard or counter space.
- Hard Boiled eggs are extremely easy to peel.
- There is no auto-shut off feature but the beeping that comes at the end of the cooking cycle is fairly loud.
Wrapping Up with the Cuisinart Egg Cooker
In conclusion, this is a high quality appliance that can makes up to 10 eggs at a time! If you have a large family to feed, this can be your go to appliance for a healthy and cost effective breakfast.