All about the Krups Egg Cooker
The KRUPS F2307051 comes from the well established KRUPS brand. Over the years KRUPS have produced some top rated kitchen appliances from coffee machines to egg cookers.
The KRUPS F23070 Egg Cooker is capable of preparing up to seven boiled eggs at a time to the exact doneness you want. And if you get fed up with having boiled eggs, it also allows you to cook poached eggs using the supplied poaching trays.
- Cooks upto 7 Eggs
- 6.4 x 7.7 x 5.5 inches
- Weighs 1.14 pounds
- Poaching trays
- 2-year worldwide warranty
- Keep Warm feature
- Large capacity
- Easy clean
- Keep warm feature
- Loud buzzer
- Buzzer does not shut off automatically
- Markings on measuring cup could be clearer
KRUPS F23070 Egg Cooker – Features
- Boils up to seven eggs – The reasonable capacity of this cooker means you can easily prepare eggs for a small family breakfast.
- Two poaching trays – The plastic inserts for poaching eggs work great and eggs come out easily once cooked.
- Water level indicator – Easily use the correct amount of water needed to get the consistency you enjoy by using the convenient water level indicator.
- Dual switch – Use the dual switch to keep eggs warm once they are cooked so they are still warm when your serving them to eat.
- Timer – You no longer have to continuously watch a pan of boiling water so you can get on with other work, you just have to wait for the timer to alert to the end of the cooking cycle.
- Egg Piercer – Easily pierce the eggs using the supplied piercer instead of trying to use a knife.
KRUPS F23070 – Design and Overview
KRUPS appliances are always pleasing to the eye and the F23070 cooker is no different. The modern, stylish appearance and compact design could make the F23070 a permanent fixture on your worktop.
The KRUPS F23070 is a small appliance, measuring in at just 6.4 x 7.7 x 5.5 inches, which makes it ideal for placing on even the smallest kitchen counter-top.
The main body of the unit is split into 3 different pieces. The heating element is found in the base that is a white color. You then get the transparent egg holder in the middle that holds up the eggs over the heating element. And then there is the transparent lid.
A great design feature is the handle on the side of the appliance. When the buzzer sounds, you will easily be able to pick up the cooker using the handle and move the hot eggs to the faucet and cool them by running them under cold water, so you do not risk burning your hands.
When you un-box the unit you will also find a measuring cup and egg piercer. The egg piercer is used to pierce the egg to prevent the eggs from cracking.
The measuring cup comes with the measurements appearing as raised marks on the side of the cup. You can then pick the level of doneness you want: soft, medium or hard by filling the measuring cup with water to the relevant.
KRUPS F23070 – What is it like to Use?
The Krups F2307051 Egg Cooker has a calibrated water-level indicator that allows you to pour the exact amount of water needed.
A Signal indicates end of cooking cycle so eggs are not overcooked. Cleaning the appliance could not be easier as both the Lid and egg holder are dishwasher safe for quick clean up.
The F2307051 has a Dual switch to easily alternate between boiling and the keep warm setting. As you can seen in the below image it is easily to switch between these settings using the large switch.
To cool eggs quickly before serving the unit comes with a removable egg holder. It is great at cooking perfect eggs; either hard boiled or poached.
Built to be compact the cooker does not take up much counter top space and has a modern design.
If your not a fan of boiled eggs then those of you who prefer poached eggs will be glad that you have the option to poach up to 2 eggs at a time using the supplied tray.
KRUPS Egg Cooker Instructions
Before you start cooking, ensure you have everything you need. In the box you should have the egg cooker, 2 poaching trays, egg tray and measuring cylinder.
Boiling Eggs Instructions
Ensure you use the egg cooking tray when boiling the eggs (the tray is picture below)
- Plug the power cord into the power socket.
- Removed the lid and egg cooking tray.
- Using the supplied measuring cylinder, measure the amount of water you want base on whether your cooking soft, medium or hard boiled eggs.
- Pour the measured water into the base.
- When placing the tray onto the base ensure the handle on the tray aligns with the handle on the base. They should fit snugly together.
- Before you place the eggs into the tray you will need to pierce the narrow side of each egg. You can use the piercing tip on the base of the measuring cylinder to do this. Ensure you place the pierced side of the egg towards the lid of the cooker.
- Place the lid onto the cooker.
- Use the dial on the front of the unit to switch it on.
- A buzzer will sound when the eggs are cooked.
- Before removing the eggs ensure the cooker is turned off.
For extra safety the power cord wraps around the base so ensure you do this when you are finished cooking.
More information: KRUPS Egg Cooker Manual, Parts
If you want to find out more about the using the F2307 such as how much water to use you can find the information in the KRUPS egg cooker manual. For more information about the manual and replacement parts visit the manufacturers website www.krupsusa.com/f230-egg-cooker.
- Measures 6.14″ x 5.51″ x 7.76″
- 2-year worldwide warranty
- Cooks up to 7 eggs at a time
- Cooks hard-boiled, soft-boiled, or poached eggs and omelets;
- Dual switch for boiling and keeping warm
- 2 poaching trays included
- Measuring cup
- Water Level Indicator
- Removable egg holder
If you and your family enjoy eating eggs then the speed and convenience of using the KRUPS F23070 cooker makes it a contender for your kitchen. And to mention the almost zero clean-up involved will make this unit a much better alternative than pot-boiling.
We were pleasantly surprised by the Krups F23070. With its large capacity and sleek design the KRUPS F23070 Egg cooker will suit almost anyone and its capacity should allow it to easily cater for a large family.
This unit comes with easy to follow instructions and simple controls making it easy to cook boiled eggs when you want them especially if your like me and don’t have the patience to boil water in a pan, and wait for the eggs to be done.